Step by step photos on how to make garlic cheese toast
1. Add soft butter and chopped garlic to a bowl. If using unsalted butter, you may add a bit, not too much since there is salt in cheese too. Preheat the oven to 190 C. If making on stove top, heat up the pan / tawa on a medium heat.
2. Whisk it up well to make a smooth garlic butter.
3. Smear the butter generously. Press the garlic chunks a bit into the bread to prevent them from falling off. If making on stove top, i suggest buttering both the sides. Put this in the oven and bake for 12 mins. If making on tawa, toast it on both the sides on a medium high heat.
4. While the bread toasts, grate your cheese. I avoid buying ready grated cheese since most of these have preservatives in E series added to it.
5. The garlic bread is done to golden. Bring the tray out of the oven.
6. Sprinkle cheese generously on the hot bread along with your favorite seasoning like chili flakes, herbs etc. Put back in the oven for 2 to 3 mins or until the cheese melts and begins to turn golden. If making on the tawa, lower the flame completely and keep the pan covered for a while or until the cheese begins to melt. To melt the cheese better you can also microwave for 6o to 90 seconds.
Prep time:5 mins
Cook time:15 mins
Total time:20 mins
Recipe type: Snack
Yield / Serves: 3
(240 ml cup used)
6 slices of bread (any bread)
2 to 3 tbsps soft butter
1.5 to 2 tbsp garlic minced or finely chopped
¾ to 1 cup grated cheese (i used mozzarella)
1 tbsp parsley/ cilantro
oregano as needed
red chili flakes or coarse crushed pepper as needed
Make garlic butter by whisking together with a fork – butter and minced garlic. Preheat the oven to 190 c or heat a pan on stove top.
Butter the bread (both sides for pan toasted). Toast in the oven for 12 mins or until golden. Or toast it on both the sides on a pan.
Sprinkle the cheese and then herbs or chill flakes. Bake it again for 3 mins or until golden. For pan toasting, Cover with a lid and toast until the cheese begins to melt off.
Serve garlic cheese toast hot