dates and nuts ladoo in 15 minutes
These ladoos are so easy to make that I almost make these twice a week in small quantities .
You can very much use your favourite nuts like walnuts, almonds, peanuts, pistachios and even seeds like pumpkin seeds or sesame seeds. You can as well use some Choco chips or desiccated coconut, dried figs, apricots and raisins too.
To make dates and nuts ladoo , we don’t need any ghee or oil and no sweetener is needed either.
I just microwave the nuts for 2 minutes, stirring between every 40 seconds. Add dates to the same plate and microwave for less than 30 seconds to soften them. To the hot plate I add desiccated coconut.
If you are not using pitted dates, you will have to remove the seeds. The dates available here turn quite soft when warmed up and don’t need to be blended in a jar. So I knead them, it just takes 2 to 3 minutes.
You can blend the nuts coarsely but i use chopped nuts and coconut and knead well, make the balls. Roll them in coconut.
Dates and nuts ladoo recipe
- 20 large dates pitted
- ¼ cup mixed nuts (almonds, cashews, walnuts, pistachios, peanuts)
- 1 tbsp. Desiccated Coconut (optional)
- Dry roast nuts for few minutes if on stove top, set them aside to cool. or Add them to a microwave safe tray and microwave for about 2 minutes, stir in between at least twice
- To the same pan, add dates and heat them till turn soft. If in a microwave, add dates to the same tray, microwave for about 30 to 60 seconds to soften them.
- Add desiccated coconut if using.
- Knead or blend the dates in a blender, set the blended dates aside. Add nuts to the blender and pulse them coarsely or chop them.
- Mix dates and nuts well or together blend them in the blender
- Take small portions and roll them to balls.
- You can roll them in desiccated coconut to give a special look.
You can try using sesame seeds, peanuts, pumpkin seeds or Choco chips