Dahi Wale Tharjeeja - A great recipe for Ramadan. A yummy variation of dahi bary. Dumplings made of yellow lentils are added to seasoned curd. You can serve it with tamarind or mint chutney to bring in more spicy flavor.
- Yellow lentils (Moong daal) 500 gm
- Green chillies 4
- Ginger 2 cm piece
- Chilli powder 1 tsp
- Curd beaten 3 cup
- Salt to taste
- Coriander leaves a small bunch (chopped)
- Oil as required
- Grind lentils finely with the following ingredients: green chillies, ginger and 1 tsp chilli powder.
- Add salt to taste and finely chopped coriander.
- Mix well, but do not beat.
- Heat oil in a pan.
- Take a stainless steel sieve with big holes and press the lentils down into the sieve with the hand quickly.
- Let the drops fall into the hot oil.
- Make them crisp and golden brown.
- Dip them in water for a minute and add to curd.
- Finally, garnish curd with a sprinkle of chilli powder or cumin seed powder.