Per Portion of 300g
|Energy :||775.00 Kcal|
|Protein :||30.00 g|
|Carbohydrate :||96.00 g|
|Fats :||29.00 g|
For the halawat el-jibn dough:
1 kg akawi cheese, cut into thin slices
1½ cups fine semolina or 240 g
3 cups sugar syrup
For the filling:
3 cups water or 750 ml
1 tin Nestlé® Sweetened Condensed Milk or 397 g
¾ cup corn flour or 90 g
2 tablespoons blossom water
HOW TO PREPARE
- Soak cheese in room temperature water for 4 hours to remove the salt (change water every 1 hour) then drain.
- Place NESTLÉ Sweetened Condensed Milk, water and corn flour in a large saucepan, bring to boil with constant stirring until sauce thickens. Add blossom water and stir. Keep aside to cool into a room temperature.
- Place the cheese in a bowl over boiling water and stir until cheese is melted. Add semolina and stir for 5-6 minutes.
- Sprinkle 4 tablespoons of hot sugar syrup over the working table and place over the hot cheese dough, then put another 4 tablespoons of hot sugar syrup on top and roll the dough using a rolling pin to have a thin layer then cut into squares with 7cm length.
- Mix the cooled cream mixture until is smooth and spoon 1 tablespoon on each dough piece and roll.
- Serve the Halawat el-jibn with the remaining syrup.